Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

IUI this morning

Well this morning was my IUI.... #3. I think it went really well, and now all I have to do is wait.

Dh's sample was incredibly awesome, so no worries there. As for me I freaked out a bit when I realized that I had forgotten my purse at home. See you have to show your drivers license before they will do the insemination, and well mine was an hour away at home. I thought, "Well this is it, everything else went so well, of course I had to screw everything up." Well I explained what happened to the person that we dropped DH's sample off with, and he asked someone who said it should be just fine. I still felt terrible, and had a small breakdown in the car while we were waiting for the IUI. Then I realized that I had my work badges in the car, and they were a picture badge, government issued, so it should be something. Thats when I calmed down a lot.

Well the IUI went perfectly. The doc was able to do it with no pain at all, and without any problems like needing a larger catheter, or anything. After that I laid there for a few minutes, and then we were done. I felt myself ovulate during lunch... and I am praying that the third time is the charm.

DH heads to England tomorrow for a week, so I'll be all on my own.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course this one is it because it's on my birthday. I've got my fingers crossed.
cm

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, DH told me about this blog. Good luck! I have my fingers crossed. Call me if you need anything or get lonely or anything.
Jill

Ariella said...

Third time it the charm, right!?! GL and I really do hope it is your turn.