Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Its official IUI#2.... Negative...

Wow what a cheery start to this blog... Well I guess I have to start somewhere. I just got the call from the REs office with the news that our 2nd IUI cycle failed.

Since you may not know my yet, let me fill you in a little about my IF journey so far. DH and I were married in June 2004. We stopped BCP in June 2006 and pretty much started trying. After numerous extremely long cycles and no BFP, we consulted my OB/GYN who said we should just be patient and keep trying, but if we REALLY felt the urge to get a second opinion, we could call an RE after the 1 year mark. By this point it was April 2007, and I knew something was wrong. As soon as the one year mark rolled by, I called the insurance and made an appointment with Dr. Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility in Annapolis, MD. That first appointment was such a relief, and it felt good to have a plan for tests, and procedures that we needed in order to diagnose the problem.

One week later, and a day before my 25th birthday, BFP... we were over the moon excited! The betas were perfect 489, 1254, and 5390, but nothing could have prepared us for the u/s. At the first u/s they didn't see anything except a sac, thinking it was too early, the doc asked us to come in a week later. At this point, I knew it would turn out bad. After two more weeks and a continually empty sac, I opted for a D&C. We were crushed... the only thing that picked us up was knowing that we already had a plan in place at SGFC-Annapolis. I spent a full month on BCP, just resting, and letting my body recover from the miscarriage. The following month I was on BCP again, but we did all of our testing. Everything came back perfect, including DH's numbers!

In November I had my first medicated IUI cycle. I was put on 50mg of Clomid CD3-7, and then 150iu of Bravelle on CD9. After my first follie check, I had to go back 4 more times(including 4 more shots of Bravelle) before I could trigger. We went to SGFC-Rockville for the IUI, and then we waited. Two weeks later, BFN...

In December I started my second medicated IUI cycle. The protocol was the same as the previous month, however at my first follie check (CD11) my lining was only 3mm, so I was placed on Estrace until BFP or AF. This time around I had 1 beautiful follicle the first check, so I was happy that the meds had worked! We went to SGFC - Annapolis for IUI#2, and then we left for vacation. We spent two weeks with family relaxing. I ate almost 5 pineapples, and took Estrace and prometrium vaginally twice a day, and yet as you already know, today... BFN.

This is my journey so far... you will be around for the rest.

No comments: