Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

6w 4d... We have a heart beat!!!!

Brian and I had the most beautiful day. Today we found out that we have one baby with a beautiful heartbeat. The baby measured 6w3d, which is perfect since we are supposed to be 6w4d. The heartbeat was 121 beats per minute. Here it is!!!



I was so nervous last night, I had a hard time sleeping. I can't even describe how beautiful that little flicker is when you see it for the first time. I held my breath when the u/s started, but as soon as I saw that there was something in the sac, I took a deep breath. Then when I saw that beautiful heartbeat... there were no words, only tears. I started bawling... with a big smile on my face. Brian even got misty eyed when he saw that heartbeat. The u/s tech that did our u/s, was a tech that had done a ton of our u/s during our months of treatment. Well, when I started crying, she started crying, and said she was so incredibly glad that she got to be the one to do our ultrasound. It was a good day!

So we go back on 3/06/08 (2 weeks from today) for another ultrasound, and we will probably "graduate" from our RE's office at that appointment. At that point we will call our OB and make an appointment for our normal OB visits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi baby! Glad to see you. Long count down until we can hold you, but we are very willing to wait. Congrats Helene and Brian, you deserve every blissful moment.
Love,
Glen, Courtney and Isabella