Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

4w 3d... Another Blood test

We had another blood test today to check my HCG levels. HCG should double every 48-72 hours early in a healthy pregnancy. Well my levels were 206 on Monday, and 519 today!!! Thats a doubling time of 36.01 hours! I am more than happy with that number. They asked that I come back in on Friday for a third and final draw, I should be over 1000 by that point.

Ah, symptoms... boy they are hitting me, even more than my last pregnancy. I have had morning sickness everyday so far. It isn't bad enough that I have gotten sick yet, but I have felt light headed, felt like gagging and felt generally nauseous. Generally it hits me from about when I wake up in the morning till just after lunch. I have found that eating on a regular schedule, and having a snack mid-morning really helps. Its just funny, because I seem to always feel nausea at work... which is tough to do when you are in meetings and trying to actually accomplish real work.

I do have to admit though I wouldn't trade any of my symptoms for anything... I'll gladly take them all knowing that I will finally have my little one this year.

No comments: