Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

5w 2d.... Whole new two week wait.

Well, today I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Boy do I feel pregnant! Over the past few days my symptoms have gotten worse and worse. The two big symptoms are my morning sickness and my painful boobies. The morning sickness seems to be getting better so long as I have something to eat every couple hours. The boobs... well they are a different story. THEY HURT!!! No matter what I do or how I lay or what I wear, they are painful. I think they hurt less today because I have an extra cami that is tight over my chest, so the pressure is helping.

I can say I only had a tiny bit of m/s last time around, and my chest was never painful like this... I am thinking I may be in this pregnancy game for the long haul. I am beginning to believe that this is really going to happen.

As for the title of my post, well we had two weeks to wait from our last blood draw till our ultrasound. That two weeks is excruciating, because I just want to know everything is ok with our little one. I want to know that there is actually a baby in there, and that everything looks normal. The last time around our ultrasounds never measured above 5w6d, and there was never a yolk sac that could be measured. Last time around I think I knew that something wasn't right. I was far more nervous that I am now. Somehow I think this little one is going to stick!

Now... if only my patience and good feeling can hold out till our ultrasound next Thursday(2/21) when I will be 6w4d.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad the symptoms are here - always a good sign. I'm sure the little one is doing great, but I know you'll feel better once you get past a few more hurdles. Have a great day and just think, by fall you'll have that little one in your arms.
love,
Courtney