Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

18w6d... Busy week!

Thursday was a big day...

Bri and I had a great OB appointment. Our little one has a great heartbeat, somewhere in the 140s. The baby kept moving away as soon as the doppler got even close to it, it was cute. We LOVED the OB we saw this visit! She is very young, probably no older than Brian, but incredibly knowledgeable and very kind. We would really like her to deliver our little one... I guess we will just have to wait and see who is on call that day. Two more weeks till we find out if it is a boy or girl!

Second big news... As some of you know I have been growing out my hair to donate it to a breast cancer charity (Beautiful Lengths) for a couple years now. The back story for those who don't know, I have wanted to donate my hair for some time, but never got around to doing it. Well almost a couple years ago I decided to grow my hair longer. Around New Years 2007, I decided that my resolution would be to grow it out long enough to donate it. Well as you all know a lot has happened in those last two years, and I have gotten close to cutting it many times, but never managed to convince myself to do it. Well thursday I decided it was time to cut it. I have a completely new look, and I LOVE it. I managed to get three pony tails out of the hair that was cut off. Two of them were over 12 inches long, and one of them was 8 inches long. I had Brian come and document the whole thing in pictures, so enjoy!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Your hair is adorable! What a great thing to do. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new look! It is so rewarding to donate hair, isn't it? I've done Locks of Love twice... I didn't know of any other organizations! Good for you!!

Busted said...

Your hair looks so great short - what a wonderful thing to do!

Ariella said...

That is awsome. You look great with short hair. I have friends who donated to Locks of Love and they loved doing it.

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous. Welcome to the short hair club, you'll never go back. And here's to Brian for supporting the change.
Courtney