Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

16w4d... Lots of Updates

Updates... Updates... so MANY updates...

1) I passed the glucose test! I will have to re-take the test between 24-28 weeks, but for now... I passed!

2) I felt the baby!!! It started last week where I felt little flutters right above my pubic bone. Then over the last week, I have felt little pinches/flutters really low in my abdomen. There is nothing else that it could be. It is amazing knowing that I am feeling our little one moving around in there.

3) I think the morning sickness is 90% gone. All I have left is feeling nauseous when I don't eat soon enough, and early in the morning. Luckily I haven't thrown up in over a week.

4) My online "sister" from a trouble trying to conceive message board found out she was pregnant last week!!! I have been saying a little prayer for her, and keeping everything crossed till she can go to her ultrasound in mid-May. Congrats again sweetie!!!

We are so excited... We are planning on ordering our crib this weekend, since there is a 14-16 week delivery time. We are starting to design our nursery... if only I could decide what to paint the walls. Any ideas, let me know!

Oh, and one more update, I accepted a big promotion at work, I am now the Deputy lead of all of the Data Analysts. It means I am working a lot harder, and it will probably only be a temporary thing till I go on maternity leave in October. Its only the first week, so I haven't decided if I am crazy or excited yet. I have to say that it would be a lot easier if I hadn't been pregnant during this promotion, but I am strong, and really good at my job, so I'll make it!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What great news on all counts. Feeling the baby move is awesome. You'll always remember where you were and what you were doing when you felt him/her. I was on the couch going between The Godfather and The Masters. She either loves gangsters or golf...
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...send belly pics!
Courtney