Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

9w3d.... Baby's first business trip!

Well I am back from a business trip to Arizona. Lets just say it ended better than it started.

I have had a business trip scheduled for about a month for work. I didn't want to change any of my plans because I didn't want anyone at work to know. So I went...

Brian and I had tickets for Celtic Woman last Saturday night. Since the concert was so late, and I had an early morning flight on Sunday(not considering the time change), I took two naps during the day on Saturday. We thought that this would help me get through the concert, and make it through the early morning. Well we had a blast at the concert, and I came home and went straight to bed. The next morning we got up, and I was not feeling well at all, bad bad morning sickness. Well I made it through the drive to the airport, and still felt pretty sick. And after I got through security, I went to my gate, and then I had to go straight to the bathroom to throw up.... twice... ugh it was terrible. Well then I made it through my two flights on ginger ale and attempted sleep. I was still feeling ill by the time I got to Tucson. Well I tried to eat again... and promptly lost everything... for the entire day. I was in bad shape.... and all by myself. Well I decided to try to go to bed early to sleep off the sick and hopefully feel better in the morning. I slept 11.5 hours... and felt a little better...

Well I didn't throw up again the whole trip... but did feel queasy a few of the days. I came home today, and survived the flights. Its so good to be home...

I think I have lost several pounds between throwing up and having no desire to eat. I forgot to bring my prenatals with me on the trip, so I have missed three nights of them, but I'll start on them again tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a living hell. You are ready for motherhood as NOTHING I have experienced with Bella has been as bad as throwing up before having to get on a plane.
The good news is, your parents have no idea. Your mom and dad were here and saying they guessed the beach time would be good for you since you probably weren't preggo. They are going to fall over with joy. As we all are.
Courtney