Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

12w... Tons of updates!

Wow where to begin. Well I apologize for not updating lately, life has been kind of hectic.

Update #1: Brian's family now knows! The big news is officially out. We are starting to tell people at work and everything. Brian's family is incredibly excited for us, and couldn't be happier about having another grandchild coming soon. Everyone is guessing the sex and the name, but since we don't know the sex, and we aren't telling the names, we are keeping people in the dark once again.

Update #2: Gestationally we are in the 2nd trimester!!! The baby is fully formed! It has every organ, and everything it needs to be a little person. The second trimester consists of letting everything mature and continue to grow. The third trimester is mostly for adding fat before birth. We are so incredibly excited to have made it this far, it really feels like a dream.

Update #3: Well I broke down right before we went to Charlotte and invested in a couple of pairs of maternity pants. They must be the most comfortable pieces of clothing I have EVER owned. I keep asking myself why I didn't get some sooner, and I have to admit it was because I was afraid of something bad happening again. Well if the amount of morning sickness and exhaustion that I have had are any sign, this little one is doing just fine.

Update #4: We are looking forward to our NT Scan on Wednesday morning, we are certain everything will be wonderful. We are looking forward to seeing the little one again soon, and getting some beautiful pictures of him/or her.

As a side note, I just wanted to send my love to a fellow blogger and online friend, Schmoodle. She tragically lost her twins this week in her 23rd week due to a placental abruption. My heart really goes out to her, I was terribly heart broken for her when I heard. She is in my prayers.

No comments: