Getting through life, infertility, pregnancy and motherhood one kiss at a time.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

10w... My family knows!

Well one set of parents and siblings down, and one to go. I wish I had a better way to tell them, but we had invited them over last night for a big St. Patty's Day dinner, and we just told them. We had printed out copies of our ultrasound picture for them to have. They were so excited. My three sisters were so happy, and they were all coming up with little things that they could do for the nursery and for the baby. My Mom and Dad spent a good half hour trying to figure out what they should go by instead of Grandma and Grandpa, it was too cute.

Its funny because I am pretty sure Mom and Dad had an idea that we were pregnant. About a week after Brian and I found out, we saw them and my dad whispered to me that I was glowing, and later told my mom that I smelled different(very odd I know). He is pretty good about these things, and can pretty much tell whether someone is pregnant the moment it happens... its such a weird skill. Anyways, they have been nice enough to let us tell them on our own schedule after we knew everything was right with the little one.

Well we also called my brother and sister-in-law. They were happy for us, although I was kind of disappointed that they said that they knew what we were calling for because we never call them. Mind you we talk to them online quite often. Oh well I am not going to let it bother me. I also called my Grandma on my mom's side, and she was SOOOO excited for us. This will be her first great-grandchild, and she almost sounded giddy. While I was in Arizona last week I had told my other grandmother while I was visiting her in the hospital. She too was extra excited, and that is from a woman who is a great-great-grandmother three times over. This will be her 20th great-grandchild.

All in all it went really well, and we are looking forward to telling Brian's family this coming Friday when we go down there for Easter. We are so incredibly excited. We never got to tell them about the last one before we found out we were having a miscarriage, so it will be nice to surprise them with some awesome news.

No comments: